Re: Fighting (electric) guitar pickup feedback

Hi Per,

Is it a microphonic type of feedback? Sometimes if
there's movement of the wire on the coil, it can give
you that high-end harshness and squeal. Potting the
pickup in parafin wax can help, but if you don't want
to risk melting a valuable or vintage pickup in a hot
bath, you could always swap the pickup for a
non-microphonic replacement.