Re: density

> most original music grows out of playing. So the question "what music
> would I like to perform?" is useful but usually limiting to what we
>heard
> before or to the sounds and playing techniques we are used to.
>
> For me looping was much more a way to discover what comes out of  myself
> than a tool to "construct" what I had imagined.

I can agree with this.  I do use looping to construct new music.  I just
don't see looping as a style of music.  Even starting with the idea that
you
are going to loop and construct music from the loops, you still have
freedom
to create a wide variety of styles of music.  I guess I'm just trying to
encourage him to look beyond looping.  Looping is wonderful but it doesn't
need to define your music.