NASA beams Beatles Across the Universe,literally

http://www.space.com/news/080201-beatles-across.html

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/01/nasa-says-hello-universe-meet-the-beatles/?hp

NASA will beam The Beatles' song, "Across the Universe," into deep space Monday in an unprecedented long distance dedication by the U.S. agency.

NASA's Deep Space Network will transmit the song at 7:00 p.m. EST (0000 Feb. 5 GMT) on Feb. 4 in honor of several cosmic-themed anniversaries.

Monday marks the 40th anniversary of the day the song was recorded. This year also marks the 50th anniversary of NASA's founding and the inception of The Beatles. Two other milestones also are being honored including, the 50th anniversary of Explorer 1, the first U.S. satellite, and the 45th birthday of the Deep Space Network, an international network of antennas that supports missions to explore the universe......

The public around the world has been invited to participate in the event by playing the song at the same time it is transmitted by NASA.

You know, I kind of like the part in "space" when the audience turns around and wonders, "What am I doing here?"  Jerry Garcia