Electro Harmonix 2880 a good choice for a looper

I've liked this unit for the price point and features. However, am I smoking something or am I correct in understanding this unit has only a one loop capability with multiple 'tracks' -and- the ability to bounce tracks?

I've begun using simpler gear (currently have a Boss RC-2) but I would like the capability to create at least three different loops to switch between. Doesn't seem like the 2880 can do that. In that case maybe the Rc-50 (with all its warts) would be a better choice.

Regards, Paul