Re: Recommend me a 1 U mixer please

Mark,

Look round for a used Roland M-120 or Rocktron G612.

I have owned both and can highly recommend either one (if it's in good
shape).

Too bad I sold my M-120 on Ebay only a couple of months ago (and my
Rocktron G612 some moths before that).

If you don't absolutely need 2 aux sends per channel and if 10 channels
would do you just as well as 12 there is also the Roland/Boss MX-10
which has the added benefit of being only half rack in width (something
also seen on Ebay from time to time).

The MX-10 is more or less what I am using until I get a MOTU Ultralite
(or something like it) an go lap-top.

Anywho, their are strengths an weaknesses of both rack mount mixers and
their table top cousins.

If you plan to twiddle and tweeze levels a lot during a performance
pick a table top model (it'll be easier to see the relative vertical
positions of sliding faders (when it's critical) as opposed to little
round knobs.

Stick it on top of your rack where you can see it and away you go.

If you more or less tend to set your levels once and then otherwise
control volumes with instrument knobs and pedals then a rack-mount
mixer with tiny knobs will not be a bad choice at all.

I tend to be one of the "set and forget types" so rack mixers have been
ideal for me for the last dozen years or so.

I dial in all my levels once and tweak specific instruments or over-all
volume by other means.

Cheers,

Ted