Re: a bit OT: audio sustain?

If you use a looper and you sing each note for the duration of the loop it will sound like it is constantly sounding.  Then one by one you can add voices, "stacking" them over the original note.

toby
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:07 PM
Subject: a bit OT: audio sustain?

Howdy y'all
Yet another lurker surfacing here...
I was wondering if any of you know of a kind of (loop based?) sustain for audio, either hardware or software.  I want to be able to use my voice to build tone clusters live, one note at a time.  I'm aware that TC-Helicon includes something called "harmony hold" in their VoiceWorksPlus rack but it seems to only sustain one note (or generated harmony) at a time while you sing or play over it.  Not quite what I'm after.  Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Lorne