AW: looper + laptop interaction

> I'm looking for the simplest way to have a hardware looper sync up with
pre-recorded audio on a laptop or other device.

You may think about rephrasing your question and look for the simplest way
to sync a software looper with prerecorded audio on a laptop, if you
already
are positive with the need for a laptop.

If you prefer to stay hardware entirely, something like a Roland MC909 or
Akai MPC may be preferable (and then, depending on your feature needs,
either take a Repeater (if you need the pitch bending) or a Looperlative).

If you want to use Ableton Live and use it on an XP machine, why not use
Mobius as a plugin in Live. A lot of loopers (including me) favor that
solution.

Best,

        Rainer