Re: film music rights,icensing etc.(OT).

Hi Zoe,
First of all thank you kindly for your great and
detailed advice this is very valuable and what i was
looking for.
So here is the situation:
The song was not written by me,just recorded and
produced with a couple of new arrangements.
When i was with this Cuban son band,after many record
label offers and promises that didnt amount to
anything but a waste of time and money we decided to
create our own record label.
In both of the CDs that we recorded at the time,i was
the singer songwritter and producer of the band
Although i also produced our first CD(including this
particular song they are interested in)i gave the
whole band credit for the production,but i learned my
lesson that people dont value your time and effort
even when you dont get a penny from it,and made sure
my name was printed as the producer of our second CD.
The Band split and unfortunately we are not in
contact(except with 2 of the former members) but i
still have the masters of both productions.When we
created the label as far as i recall our bass player
had every Band member including me sign a paper to
recognize her as the representative of our label,but
there was no time contract specified.
Last but not least all of my songwritting is
registered with the GEMA here in germany which is like
ASCAP or BMI.
So my question is,
do they still have to get a license from me(or our
label or producer)even if i am not the original
songwritter of this song?
How is it this honorarium calculated if i was to allow
them to use the song for a limited time frame?when you
say 200.-sync 200.- master,what does that mean
exactly?
thank you much again!!
Luis

=== message truncated ===