RE: Triggering EDP via drum machine (SR16)

> I noticed people are starting to post answers that do not address the
> same question, so I re-read your mail but can still not make out if
> you (1) just want to use the SR16 as another MIDI surface for manual
> control or (2) will program MIDI sequences on the SR16 and send them
> into the EDP to make stuff happening inside the looper? There's a lot
> to both contexts.

Per,

Thanks for helping clearing things up. It's meant as You described with "(2)", it's about MIDI sequences. Besides, the SR16 was meant to be the MIDI clock source. But as some posts pointed out the EDP would eventually drift away. So probably the best way would be no syncing via MIDI Clock but via retriggering events as Claude suggested ...

> Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:16:46 +0100
> From: perboysen@gmail.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: Re: Triggering EDP via drum machine (SR16)
>
> > Marco Coblenz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Nice place here! This is my first post. Sorry if the question has been
> > > answered before but I did not find the answer by searching the archive.
> > >
> > > I plan to invest in a Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro. One main application
> > > I want to use it for are rhythmical loops that evolve via short
> > > quantized replace/substitute/insert actions. I want those actions to be
> > > performed automically via Midi using a pattern sequencer. More
> > > specifically I would use an alesis SR16 drum machine for the trigger
> > > patterns and assign midi notes to the pads. The SR16 sends an midi on
> > > and then midi off event with pressing a pad.
> > >
> > > My question is, would it work like this? Can someone tell by experience?
> > > Are there sync or other problems? Would the SR16 work in this szenario
> > > or should I use a different tool and which? Did someone has a similar
> > > application or variation of it but used different means? Any tips and
> > > tricks?
> > >
> > > Thanks ...
> > >
> > > - Marco
>

> Marco,
>
> I noticed people are starting to post answers that do not address the
> same question, so I re-read your mail but can still not make out if
> you (1) just want to use the SR16 as another MIDI surface for manual
> control or (2) will program MIDI sequences on the SR16 and send them
> into the EDP to make stuff happening inside the looper? There's a lot
> to both contexts.
>
> --
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> www.boysen.se (Swedish)
> www.looproom.com (international)

Starten Sie eine Video-Unterhaltung ins In- und Ausland! Einfach, sicher und kostenlos!