Re: workaround for gap in first loop? (was: Boss RC50 delay issues)

Interesting discussion. I suspect the Japanese engineers had a very
specific idea about how the RC 50 was to be used. Their video demos
really bring this point home. I don't think they envisioned it to be
used the way some loopers want to use it. I believe they see it as an
accompaniment tool. Phrases to be preloaded, fitting nicely into
preset spaces. Everything snug and tidy. If you use it like this, its
great.

However, once you start deviating from this method, things get a bit
sketchy. The time stretching does work ok on percussion or things
with clear transients, but not well at all anywhere else.
However, the midi sync is unforgivable. There are workarounds. Just
like every other looper on the planet.