OT: late reply to: MULTI-EFFECTS & REVERB

late reply-
multi-effects-i will have to agree w/ someone who said: you have an eventide eclipse and lexicon mpx100 and tc fireworks--AND YOU NEED MORE EFFECTS?

i thought the eventides where the king of good weird effects? way out of my price range! my setup currently: (guitar or keyboard-)zoom g2-digitech rp150-digitech synthwah-boss dd20-(kustom 12 watt tube amp or direct to fostex mr8)...

my cheapo set up allows me to get normal sounds or anything pretty wacky if i need it. the zoom g2 has some interesting options w/ the ring mod, and then it splits the wahs/ring/phaser/tremolo before amp, and then gives you some other modulations options (chorus-pitch, etc) after, and there are possibility of having 3 different delays going (good if you are only using one effect devise)...so i think its a good sonic mangler, but i'm not sure if i'd say it would beat an eventide unit, i mean it does only cost 100$!

as for REVERBS: i have minimal experience w/ a lot of gear, i did like the reverbs on my digitech dsp256xl-it had a real 80's quality to it, but i liked that. had a lot of spacey sounds. i also liked my lexicon mpx100-thought the reverbs were good & all-UNTIL THE THING DIED ON ME!!!!. didn't like that. from what i've read, it appears that the folks who are masters of spacey reverb stuff (Torn, Fripp, et al) all seem to use either the highend Lexicon units or Eventide units.

the funny thing about this thread is i have been thinking about my reverb options-i like my multi-effect pedal options, but haven't been loving the reverb sounds in the units and have debated getting another rack unit for reverbs. just don't like the space they take up. and i've also been missing the option of reversing samples that my old dod d12 did so easy w/ the 6 sec samples. always searching i guess....
s---