Re: http://www.yoavmusic.com/

I checked out a YouTube live video - which is where I normally go now to
check out a new artist, seeing a raw live video really shows what
somebody's all about - and the comments are most interesting, people
definitely talk about the looping. Here's a typical observation - "Takes
a skilled artist to play live loops as opposed to pre-recorded loops".
Nice to see that distinction being talked about, at least.

I like his songwriting and voice, more interesting for my tastes than,
say, K.T. Tunstall. In truth, though, the looping part in his or her
music is immaterial to me, I could care less if they had a second guitar
player and percussionist or not. I'm interested in looping as a
interactive device, as shown by numerous people on this list in
compositions which grow and progress, whereas if someone puts an
eighth-note delay on a string slap and lets it go through the entire
song, it might as well be on a beatbox, to me.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com