Re: Ableton live looping with no hands

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Byron Howell <howell.byron@gmail.com>
wrote:

>  My question is in relation to this setup for ableton live.
>  I am running ableton live 6 on a macbook. I have my percussion going
>  through a m0audio project mix. My goals are to use ableton as a
>  livelooper for my percussion (drumset,congas,darbuka,
>  shakers.etc...The problem I have encountered is in regard to   the
>  clicking of midicontrollers to enable looping in ableton. I would like
>  to setup a template in ableton to do the looping without having to
>  worry about footswitches or midi pads to record and loop segments of
>  my playing.

Hi Byron,

If you enable an IAC Bus on the Mac you can have midi clips in Live
sending the controller data (through the IAC) for starting and
stopping recording of audio clips on other tracks. You could for
example set up a five minute midi clip that sends the correct commands
at the right moments. Or you could stack many such "controller data
MIDI clips" on a MIDI Track and set up a playlist for them by using
Clip Launch Follow Action scripts.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen