Re: New EDP Problem or Feature? -Loop Playback/Dynamics

I think I have a similar problem (with the new version), only for me the input light doesn't seem to light up as soon, but the behavior seems the same. I've also been running strat-->(few effects)-->edp-->amp and only recently decided to trouble-shoot where all the hiss etc. was coming from. After screwing around with everything else, only last did I turn to the EDP to see that I was running the input (and output too) at nearly full, and while I never had a problem with clipping, turning this down made me realize that a lot of the static noise was really only present with this turned up. At 12 o'clock there was practically no static. Great, I thought, I've found the problem (even if the static is really coming from elsewhere, I was apparently amplifying it greatly with the EDP). So I turned that down to 12 o'clock, and only then did I have the problem you describe. I noticed it though when using a delay, because only the first 1 or 2 repeats would make it onto the recorded loop - a good way to trouble-shoot because it's more obvious than figuring out where your swell is showing up or disappearing). So now I'm thinking you really need to run a line-level signal to the edp, either by using an effects loop on an amp, or a mixer, or a valvulator. I was actually going to post about this very issue. It seems that many people use a mixer partly for this reason, but I'm hoping not to have to do that. I also don't own a decent amp with an effects loop, or a valvulator (I actually just looked that up the other day trying to figure this out). I also thought about maybe getting a dummy-load with a line out for my 5 watt tube amp, because that should be cheap enough (whether or not it's any good is another question - someone is selling a DIY kit for that on ebay); sending the line out to the edp, then the edp out to a clean solid state power amp I have. That would be the cheapest way for me to do it, although I can't tell how much I can keep cheaping out on things trying to correct problems that I have created by cheaping out on other things (like powering my non-boutique effects and everything else, cheap amps, etc). So I'd also be interested if anyone has any insights into cost-effective ways to get a good, clean (non-static/hiss/etc.) sound out of the EDP with a similar setup. I can't tell how much I would be solved with sending a stronger signal vs. trying to get the quiet hiss out what I already have, and doing either one well could be more expensive than I want to get into.