Ensoniq DP4+ problem...

I just got an Ensoniq DP4+ from a local producer. It has the common
"battery is low" message which I figure I'll take care of once I get it
running. The problem is there is NO sound at all coming from it. I checked
all my cables and they're ok.

I can put something into each of the inputs and get LEDs indicating the
unit is  reading the input. I also reinitialized it just to see if he had
some funky setup going. No dice. I tried turning off all the pedal inputs
and midi just in case there was something going on there and still
nothing. Finally I plugged an ensoniq CV pedal into each to the inputs on
the back to see if that would swep the volume up somehow. Nada.

The unit seems in good shape otherwise however the headphone jack has been
removed. I think he just disabled it because I heard something on that
side of the unit moving when I pick it up. Not sure if that could be part
of the issue or not but I figured I'd ask here before I open it up and
start poking around.

Is there some easy test to make sure I hae the unit configured to put out
an output? When I bypass the effects there is no sound either.

Any ideas appreciated. also if someone knows what kind of battery this
sucker takes I'll do that once I have it open as well. Could the battery
be an issue in the volume>

thanks for any/all help.

      Weird, Scary, and Beautiful Music and Art:
        Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com