Re: Free Download

At 9:18 PM -0700 3/10/08, Aaron Leese wrote:
>If anyone is interested in trying out another looper, the downloadable is
>up
>at www.flyloops.com now.
>
>1) So far as I know, the only thing this looper can do that no other
>looper
>can is loop scratching (turntablism), which I suspect only a few of you
>are
>interested in.

Aaron,

Not trying to bust on your efforts (nice widget you've come up with,
BTW), but in the interest of accuracy I wanted to point out that
Musolomo -- a Mac-only freeware Looper from Plasq -- has also had a
turntable scratch function since its initial release a few years ago.

Musolomo's not being updated any further and it's quirky as hell, but
there are a few unique features there.  With the scratch function,
you can assign a midi controller to the on-screen turntable and play
the loop forward and backward (not to mention back-and-forth,
"scratching" it).

And, IIRC, wasn't there also one of the Max-based Loopers -- like the
(now-defunct) Girl, or Cycling 74's Radial -- with which you could do
turntable-style scratching?  I could be misremembering that, though.
:P

        --m.
--
_____