Re: Voice to MIDI thru voc proc and guitar synth?

Hi,

What you want is really pretty old tech these days.

An old Roland CP-40 (circa early '90s) would do.

Unless you are interested in going the MAX/MSP software route (which will
get you all sorts of other neat goodies too, as I am sure Krispen will
tell you), vocal pitch-to-MIDI devices have been around for 15-20 years or
more.

I owned a CP-40 many years ago -- and successfully used it live too.

Trouble is that there isn't enough demand in the marketplace to keep these
products in production.

The CP-40 worked pretty well and was dead simple to use (it even
incorporated a digital tuner).

I sold mine to a Bay Area vocal artist friend who uses it in her music now.

They're pretty rare as it is.

None are on eBay at the moment.

I suppose there are some other software-based systems out there (besides
just MAX).

But I don't know what they are.

Good luck look though.

I'm sure you will find something.