Re: Pitch-to-MIDI conversion

I just got Melodyne plugin a few weeks ago and have been having a great time with it. Pretty amazing. I can make my lame singing sound pretty good. Check this out:

http://www.marksmart.net/bands/iconoclast/longerworks/island/StrangersACapella2.mp3

This is the older version that can only do single notes at a time, but WOW, great fun. That is six tracks, 2 on each part, where I actually did sing in the six parts separately (I didn't start with one track and make transposed copies with Melodyne, although this is possible). Then I "Melodyned" each one separately. I haven't used the standalone version, but the plugin is  quite powerful.

It's cool that you can edit the individual notes and easily adjust the amount of modulation on each note to be anywhere between me (wavering the pitch all over the place) and "Cher". Click on the blob and drag down.

I've been hearing this vocal harmony with close intervals in my head for a long time but have never been able to sing it or find anyone else who can sing it. Now I can get it on a recording...I'm pretty excited.

You said "Pitch to MIDI" in the subject line...AFAIK the plugin can't do pitch-to-MIDI. It does track the pitch of your voice but I don't think you can generate MIDI from it. Dunno if that's possible with any of the versions of Melodyne, either.

--
Mark Smart
http://cdbaby.com/cd/marksmart