Re: HOW MANY LOOPS DO YOU USE SIMLUTANEOUSLY?

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 7:15 PM, John McIntyre <mcintyre@pa.msu.edu> wrote:

>  Ok, so why 3?

Just like TEd and Mark I preferred 3 MoreLoops when using the EDP as
my main looper. The reason for that number was that it combines a sort
of musical sense with keeping more RAM available for each loop. I like
to keep things small - not having any options handy that I'm not
really using. As for example, today when using Mobius there is
practically no limit for how many loops you can have (on a track) but
I still keep this option limited to 5. In this case I chose 5 because
I think it makes more musical sense than 3 (not having to save up on
RAM any more). There are a lot of nice five chord progressions I like
to improvise with and it's nice being able to build each chord as its
own loop and jump between the loops while decorating the tap dance
journey by playing melody lines over it.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)