SUBMISSIONS Y2K8 INTERNATIONAL LIVE LOOPING FESTIVAL

Kevin Kissinger wrote:

"One of the highlights of 2007 was the Y2K7 Live Looping festival.  I
really want to participate in 2008 -- do we have any word on a 2008
festival yet?  I heard rumors that it will be in Pittsburgh, PA...:

Because I have produced this festival for the past 8 years and because I am
leaving on a long 10 week tour of Scandinavia, Germany and the British
Isles
in May,     I had seriously discussed the possibility of farming out the
festival to Pittsburgh this year.

Unfortunately,  it just didn't work out after we put some serious thought
and
advanced work into it.

So............. I have decided to produce the Y2K8 LOOP FESTIVAL
 in Santa Cruz again this year  on October 18th and 19th.

some changes this year:

There probably will NOT be a Friday night concert like last year unless I
score a really big
headliner (Bill Frisell,  David Torn,  Imogen Heap, Kellar Williams or
someone of that stature)
but I reserve the right to change my mind at the last minute (smile)  and
there
won't be additional bay area gigs.

I feel a little badly about this because I"ve always tried to get gigs for
our travelling headliners in
past years to make their stays more memorable,  but it's just gotten to be
too much work
to juggle this enormous responsibility every year (especially in a year
where I 'm already
juggling gigs in 10 countries ahead of time).  I will, however,  open up
my booking information
to travelling loopers so they can book gigs around the event.

Additionally,  there is a strong possibility that there will be
a Southern California version of the Y2K8 International Live Looping
Festival
the weekend after the Santa Cruz main festival.     I'll wait for the
promoter of that event
to officially announce it with details in his own time.

I, unfortunately,  just do not have the time to make the festival be as
elaborate or as large as it
has been in the past years due to time contraints  (it took me 4 1/2
months
to produce
in 2006 and it took me 6 months to produce in 2007),

so what I'm going to do is this:

I am going to give priority bookings to the artists who come from furthest
away
and to artists who have never played the festival in the past first.

Anyone who is interested in participating again this year should download,
read and mail me the official Y2K8 Submission Application.

The mailing address is on the FESTIVAL SUBMISSION APPLICATION FRORM

available here:

http://www.looppool.info/Y2K8submissionAPPLICATION/

Thanks a lot,   yours,  Rick Walker