Re: OT? Laptops on the PC side

> From: Kevin Cheli-Colando [mailto:billowhead@gmail.com]

>  What I'm specifically looking at is whether or not I can get a
>comparable
> system to the MacBooks that is as stable and useful for audio and visual
> apps for less cash.

I just noticed an false presumtion in your question. MacBooks are
definitely not good for visual work, like video editing etc, because
they have the graphic function on the mobo and its memory shared with
the system. It might be that you were rather thinking about the
MacBook Pro model though? Because that on is good for video editing
and quite expensive. I'm not sure you could find any comparable
Windows only laptops that are cheaper though. But if you start to
looking at not comparable units you should be able to find something -
I'm mean, you can find it cheap if you leave out some hardware
components that are default in the MacBook Pro.

I only do audio work here, so I went with a MacBook and I run both OS
X and Windows XP on it. If looking to comparable Windows only laptops
it's hard to find any cheaper; the new MacBooks even win tests as
"most bang for the buck laptop" in pc magazines.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)