Engineering Live Loopers

I'm a front of house sound engineer as well as using live looping in my
own music. I've engineered live loopers before and wondered how people set
up their outputs to the sound engineer, if you're lucky enough to have one
at your gigs. Trying to engineer a stereo feed from a computer or looping
device can be quite frustrating. I went through a stage (as I was playing
and looping multiple instruments) of sending each instrument separately to
the engineer, easy as I use Ableton. I felt that I couldn't mix the sound
well enough from the stage to give a good sound to the audience so left
the engineer to do what he was there for and sort that out for me.

Basically, do most people rely on sending a stereo output to the front of
house sound desk? DO you mix your tracks live? Does anyone else send
multiple outputs to give the engineer something to work with?

I'm looking into this as another small part to my research paper on
Looping Technology and Live Looping.

Thanks

Darren
Amazing prizes every hour with Live Search Big Snap
http://www.bigsnapsearch.com