Re: HOW MANY LOOPS DO YOU USE SIMLUTANEOUSLY?

Sean Mormelo schrieb:
>   oh shit here we go with this again.....Yes i'm saying it..DJ's are
> sound artists but a Musician as such entails playing a musical
> instrument. That is the difference. Many DJ's are MUCH more artistic
> then many musicians. :)

What do you think about people who believe only guitars are musical
instruments? (and then just imagine you play trombone or kalimba or
conduct an orchestra or play turntables or play a studio...)

The result defines what is music, not the tool, and that is pretty
subjective...

My definitions, which I believe are easier to agree on:

A musician is someone who creates music...

Someone who plays an instrument is called an instrumentalist, but
normally she's called after the instrument she is playing, cellist,
guitarist, looper, etc...

Someone who plays turntables is called DJ, as turntableist is a bit long...

All of the above are sound artists...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------