Re: compensation (WAS Re: Looping venue help)

Never play for free???

If that was the case then I should NEVER have done a gig!!!
Now I play for door money in very small places that about pays my beer and taxi (there fore total profit = 0), and in the good ole bad ole days when I was an international recording Artiste , my band got tour support from the label so we could afford to play all over the world. In the end we were dropped cos we owed too much to them (three quarters of a million UK pounds  (therefore total profit = -750,000 pounds)) So in effect we were PAYING to play ha ha!!!

...never understand how people MAKE money from playing live... still not the point really is it... its fun!

joking aside... sod the fee.. make sure you got lots of merch!!
Sell shit is how you CAN make money at shows...!