RE: visualization software

Yeah, I use SNDPEEK, from the guys at Princeton...

http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/software/sndpeek/

It's not the prettiest.... but it is more focused on the math (displaying
the math, that is), and it's open source, which is important to me because
want to incorporate it into flyloops eventually.

Also important to note .... being able to get the FFT in real time should
be
the first step in the much wanted pitch shift without tempo shift and tempo
shift without pitch shift functions .... (??which have yet to be
implemented
on any looper??).  If you can get the real time FFT, then it's just a quick
linear operation (on a couple thousand data points) then a reverse FFT to
calculate a filter operation or time stretch/pitch shift (is that right ...
it's been a while since I looked at that signals and systems textbook).

And of course .... easier said than done.

Anyway, Qua .... any search of the internet for "FFT transform visualizers"
.. or something like that, turns up a number of great programs.