RE: Looping venue help

Ok, Im coming into this late because of my holiday so I wont rehash what others have been saying, I will however tell you about something that I find genuinly distasteful and thatI am seeing more and more of around North-East England...

Artists beenasked to PAY FOR gigs...

these are usually sold as "Talent Shows" or "Battle of the Band" nights...usually with the format of  a local/regional/interregional/northen/national stage play offs...(funny how many rounds you need couldnt be anything to do with the amount of times your bands entourage have to come and pay to see you could it....) these horrible nights are normally pithced to the younger bands over Myspace and such like and ask each band to pitch in anything from £10 -£50 to enter the competition ..queue bullshiz about need for admin and promotion etc  and lots of big hype about the grand prize of a recording studio trip and all that bull...
Anyway, the final outcome of such shows seems to be the "judges" do nack-all the crowd gets a bit of paper to put a cross on next to the band they want to win (usually the one they came with or are married/related to)and LO an behold...the band with the most amount ofpunters "wins" and gets to ......tada.... have to talk there mates into coughing up the cash to come to the NEXT round.

seriously I hate these gigs, I did one once   (and I didnt pay the enterance fee as the guy was obviously that short of contestants to compete)...the winner won with an audiance of FOUR people, I came second with THREE and the other act left as soon as they had played because they didnt actually bring anyone.

what a dismal missuse of music.

Phill Wilson

Have you played Fishticuffs? Get fish-slapping on Messenger