Re: The Eye is as Quick as The Hand

Actually, I care quite a bit  HOW it's done ...it doesn't lessen the
magic of the performance. In fact for me, it deepens the expereince
knowing what the performers is doing to accomplish their feats.

I had a friend who, along with his father, were accomplished
magicians. They would DELIBERATELY show how they did a trick. They
made it perfectly clear to the point that I could do it as well ...
but to watch them do the trick was still a delight because what I was
know seeing was their mastery of the trick (this was, BTW, years
before Penn and Teller began their "debunking" approach to magic).

The same goes for how this video was done ... someone says this guy is
looping, I want to see HOW he is using the tools. And you can't see it
with this video. I think the real fault, if there is one to be laid,
is with WIRED for their presentation ... but I guess if it means that
David will get more listeners then "it's all good."

Sure the guy is definitely talented and I'm not trying to take that
away from him. I'm sorry I won't be able to make it in to Boston to
night to catch him at the Paradise to see him do this live. But I'm
pretty convinced now that what we saw in this video was not David
doing an actual recording of that song.

Dennis