Re: effects processors

For simplicity and inexpensiveness, try the EH Micro POG. For complexity and expensiveness, try the EH HOG. The HOG's tracking is pretty amazing for a device without a pickup.

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 4:05 AM, doc rossi <docittern@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm looking for a octaver with a clean sound that woud work with acoustic instruments, mics.  Any suggestions?

On Apr 26, 2008, at 5:18 AM, Toby G wrote:

You just can't beat a whammy pedal.  It's what keeps today's man happy.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: Guitar Pickup

Any opinions on effects processors?  I'd like to be able to get a variety of tones and strange whatnots before the signal hits my RC-50.

On Apr 25, 2008, at 9:42 PM, Chris Sewell wrote:

Baggs M1A, THE best.
On Apr 25, 2008, at 8:02 PM, Sam Nilsson wrote:

Scott Kellogg wrote:
Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum, but what's the guitar pickup all the cool kids are using these days?  I have a Seagull cedar acoustic that plays really nicely and has a pleasant-but-average tone.  I'm interested in processing the signal before it gets to my looper, and would like to be able to pick up taps and other percussive slaps on the body of the instrument.
While we're on the topic, what you think of the new crop of 'acoustic guitar' processors that are on the market (e.g. the Fishman stuff, Korg, Boss, etc.)?  My original plan was to loop with my electric basses, but my singer-songwriter groove is coming back, and maybe the guitar will be in my path as well as a bass.  Then again, an acoustic guitar with an octaver makes good basslines.

K&K Sound's Pure system has gotten positive reviews from people that I have met. When I tried it, I thought it had a nice fairly natural sound. *Much* nicer than a piezo.

http://www.kksound.com/acousticguitar.html#pure

- Sam

--
Solve et coagula.