Hello and Noob help

Just wanted to say hi.  I joined the mailing list.  I've played guitar for
about 6-7 years now and want to start integrating electronic music into
stuff that I'm doing.  I was referred here by a member off of the
hugeracksinc forum (Thanks).  I'm new to the use of drum machines, synths,
etc.

I'm going to be using ProTools and Mbox on a MAC as the recording
equipment.  I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to drum machines
and/or synths that they'd recommend for the applications.  I'll worry
about price later, I just wanted some info to start with to do research.

Some of the music I'm talking about is more recent stuff like Daft Punk,
Digitalism, Data, mstrkrft, Nine Inch Nails.

I appreciate the input, and if there is info already on the site, just let
me know.  Thanks.

Nate.