Re:OT EH Hog/Pog/Micro Pog - was effects processors

I've only tried the Micro Pog with guitar,
but this might still be useful.

Tracking is excellent, with no noticeable delay on the low octave.
(pitching upwards has a slight delay)
Somewhat odd digital sound , may or may not be pleasant, but not the
natural
sound of the instrument.

The upwards pitching is significantly flat.
(as can be  heard on the EH demos )

>From what I know about pitch algorithms, I'd expect a similar sort
of result with flute to that with guitar (except that with the higher
pitch and purer sound of the flute any digital artefacts and flatness
will likely be more noticeable)
so I'd reinforce your doubts about buying without trying.

andy