OT: Netiquette (was Re: New Product preview at the Ethermusic festival)

>At 10:23 PM +0200 5/2/08, Per Boysen wrote:
>>  > On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 9:45 PM,  <kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com>
>wrote:
>>>   >
>>>   >  I look forward to hearing the "buzz" about this product among
>>>the looping
>>>   > community as well as the theremin community (which includes
>>>many guitarists
>>  >  > and loopers).
>>
>>http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2008/05/moog-guitar-review-spotted.html
>
>WTF?!?
>
>Does anybody else think this looks like really, really bad netiquette?

Hello all,

BIG NOTE: I forwarded the full posting with Kevin's name. Matrix
chose to post it as he did.

If it were my blog, I would have written Kevin to ask his permission
to make the re-post. Perhaps this is matrix' policy on these things.
While I'm not in favor of it, I'm not surprised by anything people do
on the net. I've had my own words re-posted various places, both with
and without credit, so I have always regarded that as something to
expect if the content gets people's attention.

>First of all, there's the whole issue of snarfing posts from an
>email list and randomly re-posting them all over the Internet.  That
>point is always debatable.

Forwarding interesting news to matrixsynth's blog is routinely done
by his friends around the net. What Kevin had to say was obviously of
great interest to the Moog fans.

>But what *really* steams me is that this Cikara person has
>completely stripped Kevin Kissinger's name and contact information
>off his own post.  Not only does that deprive Kevin of credit for
>his own words, but it makes it look as if those words were instead
>written by the person that stole the post.

On the issue of crediting the source I agree with you completely,
Per. So now you know that I didn't 'steal' Kevin's post.

Just for background on me, I lurked in this list for several years,
left for several years, and am reading digests again. I moderate the
SynthSights list (there's an URL for it in my sig), where we discuss
strategies for getting creative, plus anything else that piques our
interest. Terrific and thought provoking topics around here!

Cheers,
--
   Amanda
   SynthSights! "it's not about the gear"