Re: New Gear Lust

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Chris Sewell <lunamusic@mac.com> wrote:
> Is anybody else lusting after Spectrasonics Omnisphere? Check out the
>demo
> videos. The ability to lock up with Stylus RMX is mindblowing.

Thanks for the hint. I just watched " Episode 4 - The ARpeggiaor" and
- wow, that would be so cool to use inside Logic, since Logic can just
extract such a "groove template midi file" from any loop (just like
the RMX does on the demo video). But with the Logic arp you cant apply
the groove quantization unless you record the arpeggio as long MIDI
regions first. So running Omnisphere inside Logic gives you both the
ultra fast way of extracting the delicate groove from any audio or
midi file and an arpeggiator that can instantly follow that extracted
groove. Seems to be a combo that gives you anything except such cool
treatment of real-time acoustic input (when will someone create such
"arpeggiator vocoder"?).

I'm wondering if all parameters are exposed to the host (AU, VST
protocol)? This thing would be cool to use inside Numerology as the
"sound motor" but driving all its LFOs and ARPs from the Numerolgy
modules. RMX does not expose enough parameter, which is sad since it's
such a cool instrument. I won't bet Omnisphere will until I see it.
Holding my breath until september.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen