Re: Is using Pre-Recorded Loops Cheating?

I think the main difference is in the mind of the performer.  If you're creating everything live in the moment, its a very different head space than trying to load the right loops and samples at the right time and keeping track of that aspect of the process.

Ultimately its all about the music though, is it interesting?  And even if you're watching someone sing to canned material, you're still watching a live performance, they're still up trying to keep something going in real time in front of an audience and that's always worth something I think.

Kevin

--

Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)

Sound and Vision: http://www.minds-eye.org