Re: OT: Mackie SRM150 / tiny PA

Begging your indulgence...still working on my small PA requirements (for
coffeeshop-size venues...and yes, loops will be going through this
speaker). Any familiarity out there with the Yamaha MSR-100? Has an 8"
woofer, horn, mixer in back, and just small enough to fit in a suitcase
(though taking up half the airline weight requirement). It's kinda
perfect, though beyond what I want to spend, new.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-MSR100-8-Powered-Speaker?sku=600910

There's also this Fender, which looks cheap but fits all the
requirements and with a 10" woofer at least has the speaker size
advantage over the SRM150 for giving bottom end.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN0711271000

all thoughts gratefully appreciated-

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com