Re: Is using Pre-Recorded Loops Cheating?

Why should it be cheating? After all, itīs you who created the loops so why
bother? As a performing musician you ought to keep an eye on delivering a
decent show with as little flaws as possible, this is what your audience
paid for. If using pre-recorded loops help you accomplish this, great! Of
course itīs great to create everything on the spot, giving an awe-inspiring
demo of your musical skills but sometimes things tend to go wrong, like
little fluctuations in line voltage, or the sushi you had before the show
that was slightly, erm, fishy...

I would only have a serious problem were I to use loops that were created
by
someone else, i. e. a sampling library or something along these lines. Itīs
neither my own stuff, nor does it require a particular amount of musical or
technical wit to reproduce this. As long as itīs your own stuff, why
bother?

Stephen

"Ambition makes you look pretty ugly, kicking squealing Gucci little
piggy."
(Thom Yorke/Radiohead -- "Paranoid Android")

Finally available: Stephen Parsick -- Traces of the Past Redux, reissued
with three previously unreleased bonus tracks. For more info please check
www.parsick.com

For legal downloads please check:

http://www.musiczeit.com/directory.php?artist=296&title=Stephen+Parsick