Re: East Coast Festival of some level

Agreed re the brainstorming, the hard part as before is keeping going when the walls come up but seriously I"m game here if we can find a home.  Though I have a couple of venue ideas in my own neck of the woods here Brooklyn area I tend to favor the idea of NJ for some reason.  One being the academic circle as to a degree though Dennis and Todd will have more expertise here but my hunch is academia will have greater tolerance/support/interest in things experimental.  At one of my Language of 3 shows in Philadelphia ironically though the venue is defunct now but a source there suggested that a college in Queens was really into experimental music.  I explored it but never got in dialog with the figure head but maybe need to revisit that.

Re the people staying in the beginning I think this would have to be volunteer people's counches and floor space of which I've' given as well as received as I've always been on a shoestring with the music.

Another thought being here in NY is to try to get some interest from the annual NY Guitar Festival series which has been organized by a guy named David Spellman that in years past I had some dialog but have since lost that trail as I never cracked it.  I am friendly with a couple of folks who have played in it but they do have their own agenda so my hunch is we're on our own initially.

I had mentioed another contact that I will reloop in this a gentleman some of us know named Don Slepian.  Don had hosted a home based house concert/webcast for years out of Lebanon NJ and has since moved to rural PA.  I know he is beginning to focus on music again and may have some ideas re venue possibilities albeit though bet Michael has the best handle on Philly if that were the place.  I hear a range of thoughts from Philly is dried up to other ops that there are gigs for experimental stuff.  Daryl and I have some shows lined up this summer for Chinapainting again and have been trying to find a door there, we've had some bites but no lunch yet.

Keep getting interrupted here at work and losing focus on this but these are thoughts  and hopfully this thread will keep going and we'll have an east coast fest before long.

Jim