The mixer question AGAIN... sorry...

I asked this question only a few months ago, with some amazing suggestions. I didnt buy anything then, but now have figured out a cunning plan.

The intervening months have made me think hard about what my requirements for a new mixer really are and of course I want suggestions.

1. Rackmount Pref 1 space.. 2 works... 3 is absolute MAX...
2. 1 X Dedicated Effects send. (at least, 2 would be nice, and of course the more the merrier)
3. 1 GROUP output. (switchable on each channel) This CAN be a pre fade send too I guess, but preferably I would like a press button on each channel instead.
4. Simple EQ. Bass and Treb is fine.
5. Stereo Channels. All my stuff is basically stereo, I hate having to push up two channels, and on a rackmount I expect knobs, which would be worse.
6. Pan. goes without saying.
7, MUTE per channel

Now it HAS occured to me that I might do what I need with TWO one U mixers, (but only if one of them had channel direct outs, so I could hop one mixer over to the next and use the first as the group thing)

Maybe its best if I explain my setup:

Two Stereo INS from Guitar.  Stereo IN from guitar effects and Stereo IN from Guitar Synth.
I then want to be able to press a button to send these INs to my loopers (all three of them), that will be simply all linked together . So the group out goes to all loopers inputs simultaneously. I decide which looper to loop on by... um... well ... looping on it.. DOH!!
I THEN want to bring back the audio from all three loopers into their own stereo channels, therfore, I CAN, loop a looper. (and by default accidentally or not get a terrible feedback loop situation going OUCH!)

Plus I need to be able to MUTE the actual instrument channel, BUT route to a looper. (so it MUST have a prefade send if no group solution).

Now I think there WAS one solution to a 1U, 2 AUX mixer where one send was pre and the other was post (cant for the life of me remember what THAT was tho)

So what are all you lot doing... or are you all using table tops... Im done with them by the way, tis the reason I dont gig, too much wiring and re wiring... I am now wishing to simplify my guitar situation and actually get out of the studio!!! Maybe, just maybe, if I succeed in finally getting a robust and indestructible system Ill try to make it to the next Santa Cruz thing (meeting Rick does that to you you know???)

Help Please...

Mark

PS: years ago a mate had an interesting digital mixer where you cold save and recall mixes... cant remember anything about it... except it was pretty cool... (not the simmons thing, I have one of those and its great but NOT what I need now)