Best foot controller for Ableton?

Hi everyone. I recently got Ableton and I've been trying to set myself up
to organically loop with it but I gotta say I'm just not cut out for
programming midi so I keep having to use my mouse. that doesn't work for
me. is there an EASY way to set up a midi foot switch to use in Live (like
a set template or something) or should I give up go back to just using a
boomerang? I have a rocktron midi mate and every "midi-learn" number it
sends is the same. And I get nothing typed via midi stroke. (hopefully you
know what all that means.) THANK YOU in advance.

E.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_ChangeWorld