Re: OT: Getting that tube amp sound w/o a tube amp

Adam,

That is the question of the ages.
I needed to used a RealTube preamp pedal on my single-coil strat to get it to sound thick at all. Seems like Line 6 has some decent sounding amp models--I actually had my strat into a RealTube, then into my line 6 spider amp and it sounded great.