Re: Live Looping Strategy

However the lack of pre-planning leaves open the possibility of falling flat on my face in a live setting.

Personally I find that after 25 years of playing mostly improvised music,  I am now completely used to falling flat on my face and my gigs are usually 15% pure brilliance and genius, 10% struggling with technology problems and 80% prostrate on the aforementioned face. I know I know, my math is out, well THAT 5% is by cheating and having the loopers, sorry I mean real time samplers (I prefer the term "Groovy rythym under mystical powers" or GRUMP for short ) do their thing, or some weird tape of nose flutes or my son talking backwards or my computer reading the bible... Ive even stopped a loop that went horribly wrong and performed a magic trick just to ... well you know... actually it wasnt a magic trick, just that strange story about a chicken, with a towel.. what you mean you havent seen it?? Well there was this chicken...

www.markfrancombe.com
www.looop.no