Re: Laptop Audio Interface

http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/FireWire/  Check out the Audiofire 4 or 8. I have the Indigo as a backup to my Fireface 400.  Echo makes decent gear, and most importantly their drivers appear to be stable.
Kris

Hardware Features*

Software Features

  • FireWire (IEEE 1394a) interface with 8' cable
  • Bus powered with 6-pin FireWire interface
  • External 12VDC power supply provided
  • 2 auto-sensing universal inputs (mic/guitar/line):
    • Meters, trim knobs & 48V phantom power
  • 2 balanced ¼" analog inputs:
    • 112dB (A-weighted) dynamic range
    • +4dBu / -10dBV nominal levels
  • 4 balanced ¼" analog outputs:
    • 114dB (A-weighted) dynamic range
    • +4dBu / -10dBV nominal levels
  • S/PDIF I/O at 24-bit/96kHz
  • MIDI I/O
  • Stereo headphone output with volume knob
  • Sync via S/PDIF
  • Supports full duplex 6 channel in, 6 channel out operation at 24 bit, 96 kHz sample rate
  • Heavy-duty aluminum case
  • Near zero latency hardware monitoring
  • Software console for monitoring, metering, and setting levels
  • Low-latency drivers support all major pro audio software:
    • Low Latency ASIO 2.0
    • WDM kernel streaming mode
    • GSIF 2.0 (Gigastudio 3 w/ low latency MIDI)
    • CoreAudio & CoreMIDI

System Requirements

  • PC System requirements:
    • Windows XP or Vista