WG: european adventures shoutouts and thanks

(should go to the list - Bill uses an odd "reply to" setting...sorry Bill
for that)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill [mailto:rs@moinlabs.de]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 6. Juli 2008 00:22
An: 'billwalker@baymoon.com'
Betreff: AW: european adventures shoutouts and thanks

Hey Bill,

nice tor read your report of the European tour of the younger half of the
Walker Brothers ;). I'll just comment on a few items you mentioned:

Reading that your Berlin set was sub par actually makes me pissed I didn't
hear any of your super par sets on that tour - I really liked your slide
guitar work, especially your version of "In a slient way".

Speaking of slide guitar, from my experience people here use that in bands
that have both - country and western, but I never heard someone use one in
another musical context here...

And I like to second your praise of Andreas Willers. As I already mentioned
in my "tour highlights" on www.myspace.ccom/moinlabs in the blog section,
Andreas was my favourite performer on that entire tour. I'm so bummed that
actually had a chance to win him for a performance here in München together
with Rick and me and let that chance pass - well, maybe next time...

One great experience on that tour for me was to all the time connect with
people I had met before, or met over the internet, and sometimes meeting
them several times on the tour (the same that it seems it was for you).

After departing in München, I first went to Helsinki to play Mir-0's events
(a guy I originally met at Rick's festival two years ago, Rick btw I
originally met on this list here). In Helsinki and Espoo, we were joined by
Rick and Per - but Mir-0 and I did the Thursday performance without them,
because they already had continued their tour back to Sweden - but joined
the kybermusik session in the evening from a hotel room in Sweden. Mir-0
then went on to join Per and Rick in Sweden, while I returned to München...

...only to move to Boise (for BEMF), to meet up with Krispen (whom I also
had originally met on this list) Jeff Kaiser (whom I had met at
Y2k6loopfest) and Andrew Pask of The Choir Boys. The first concert was at
Idaho Falls, a concert presented by Craig Green, who left the following
Friday and thus missed the BEMF main festival, because he went to Köln to
play Michael's festival.

BEMF was not only a wonderful experience by itself (and I had the pleasure
to meet Ted Killian again, one of the many people I originally met at
Y2k6loopfest), it also featured the best kybermusik event to date - which
included kybermusik veterans Jim Goodin and Daryl Shawn (who had formed
their chinapainting Ninjam collaboration after meeting at the Y2k6loopfest
kybermusik event), and again Per Boysen (who played a session with Michael
Bearpark, Jared Hallock and me).

After Boise, it was back to Germany, and the next performance was the
Berlin
looping festival, again meeting up with Per, with Rick (who was to join me
for the remainder of my tour for two concerts in München) and with Craig
Green, and for the first time meeting in person our own Stefan Tiedje (who
also was part of the first big kybermusik event of y2k6loopfest, as well as
of the Epsoo kybermusik session earlier on the tour). He wasn't part of the
bill for that festival, but had brought his computer - which led me to ask
him to process me, for a wonderful experience for me (and I hope for the
audience and Stefan as well - at least I received thanks from two audience
members specifically, one of them a dog). And this was the place where I
had
the pleasure to catch the wonderful Andreas Willers - again: if you get a
chance to hear him play, go fucking do so!

Ending the tour was first the Soccer Commentary in München (featuring Rick
Walker and Leander Reininghaus), and on the following Wednesday the last
concert of that tour for me at Pasing near München. As unfortunately Luis
Angulo had to cancel, it was only Rick and me - with what I believe the
best
performance of my tour, and the bast black light of Rick's tour ;)

A great experience - whow! It's a wonderful world where basically via the
internet, I as an amateur musician get two play a world tour, covering more
than a dozen performances in seven towns in three contries on two
continents
within a mere three weeks and one day - and getting booked for some of the
events by people who only know me via the internet, and being able to book
two shows for Rick (as I mentioned, another one of those internet guys)
with
presenters who only know his myspace page...

Welcome to the twenty-first century! It's a crazy world. And thanks again
Per, Rick, Bill, Stefan, Krispen, Ted, and anyone else who was part of that
experience and who is present on that list (I'm sure I forgot some of you!)

        Rainer