Re: Another electro-acoustic demonstration (in San Francisco)

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Krispen Hartung <khartung@cableone.net>
wrote:
> Cool. Today went so well that they are inviting me to a "First Thursday"
> event here in Boise (where many businesses host musical performances all
> over town), again in front of City Hall.  Plus I was approached by an
> educator to do the same electro-acoustic demonstration for kids and music
> students at a public library. Wow, I didn't think I would end up
>educating
> folks on this style of music. There is a lot of interest in this out
>there.
> People are just amazed at what the computer can do to the sound of an
> instrument.
>
> Kris

Yes, I too have noticed this. On my recent summer tour about half of
the requested gigs were master classes, workshops or lectures. And the
trend seems to stretch into the future, as most of the people that
requested my card, during this tour, said they want to book some
educational activity of mine. Teaching is fun and it actually pays
better than performing. Which I think is a bit said, because without
your performances there would not be much of interest to teach!  ;-)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)