Re: Semi-OT: Int'l Travellers' Laptops Confiscated...

Per, I disagree with you on the semiotics of jihad, but that path just
leads to political arguments better held elsewhere. there are endless
places on the web to "discuss" things like this.

In regards to this laptop inspection thing - i don't know if it's
related to this story, but there was a story circulating on the tech
podcasts a month or two ago about inspectors confiscating laptops with
allegedly pirated music files on them. and, since the customs
authorities (and, indeed, almost everyone) has no way to tell which
files might be pirated and which not, they were confiscating laptops
with *any* music on it. i don't know how true this is, but i would
think twice before taking my laptop into or out of the US.

Warren