Was Re: Semi-OT: Int'l Travellers' Laptops Confiscated... now very OT politics of Jihad...

I don't think Per was discussing the "semiotics" of the word, just defining it. However he was being a little controversial by using the origin of the word as its definition, I think the more accepted modern usage would be - a holy war undertaken by Muslims against unbelievers.  Which is only fair really when one considers the Crusades.

PS wholeheartedly agree with Dave, in fact, its a relatively normal depiction of how things are here in Europe, not conspiratorial at all, well not alot.

Also... I dont think there is anything wrong with "talking politics" in this forum. The internet is still un-owned here in the Northern hemisphere, unlike all of the US News channels. How are you'all gonna find out the truth about where you live unless we (and Micheal Moore ) tell you.

(heh heh... kidding LD'ers are in touch )

Also Music has often been the channel for furthering a Political cause. Maybe you  or "Loop for the left"..."Loop for Jesus" Or even "Loop for Love"