Re: In praise of the FCB1010 - the instantly playable control approach. Made for BLASTING!

Good grief.  When are you going to go all laptop, Zoe?  Check out Jeff Kaiser's article "How I lost 150 lbs. thanks to Max/MSP!"

I don't see musician wages continuing to go up in proportation to flying costs, so I envision a time when musicians will be forced to dispense with rack gear, or not play anywhere they can't drive to.  It will be an adapt and go laptop or die of starvation scenario.

I can bring my entire rig on the plane (one computer bag) and my mini jazz guitar in case.

So, what are you paying for the checked in bags below?  Aren't some airlines charging for a second and third check in back now?  I think a few are even charing for one.

Kris

**********
this is my problem...when i travel, i've already got:

- cello in flight case = oversize (bigger than a person) but 49lbs
- looping rig/gear in flight case = standard luggage size, 49lbs
- my clothes + costumes + merch in a suitcase
- computer/carry on
- behringer pedal in violin case/carry on

so that's already 3 checked bags, one of them oversize = EXPENSIVE
i'm reluctant to also check the pedal, unless it is in a padded case...more weight and that makes 4 checked items

and that is the maximum weight i can handle on when i'm traveling as alone.
its almost too much, getting around it a bit of a nightmare.

the damn behringer pedal pushes it over the top, as much as i love it.