Re: Very OT: Zeitgeist, The Movie... WAS... Semi-OT: Int'l Travellers' Laptops Confiscated...

The archeoastronomers didn't think the stars in Orion's belt pointed
perfectly at Sirius, as shown in the diagram in the video. Why doesn't
he just shown an accurate star diagram?

http://www.mythicalireland.com/ancientsites/newgrange/orion-sirius.jpg

It suits his purposes better to move the stars a little bit.

Goo point, and while it's not up to me to defend them, I think they're just trying to get across what the astronomers perceived, and set things up so they'd be more palatable to the average viewer.

The ancients also knew that the stars stayed in the same positions all
year long, and the (almost) alignment of Orion's belt with Sirius was
constant, not just in December. The facts have been BENT. It makes me
wonder what else is being bent.

But in December, they align with the rising sun. The sun does change apparent position throughout the year...

There are a lot of debunking sites out there, too, and here's a response to the debunker's claims:
http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/zeitgeist.html

But I still found this enlightening, I had never heard of the
parallels between Jesus and these other religious figures.

Which the 10 min video above explains...the suppression of this information by those with vested interests, etc...

"The Universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent to the concerns of such creatures as we." - Carl Sagan, from "Cosmos"