Kaisers article - How I Lost 150 Ibs. thanks to Max/MSP!

Hi !

Krispen Hartung wrote: Good grief.  When are you going to go all laptop,
Zoe?Check out Jeff Kaiser's article "How I lost 150 lbs. thanks to
Max/MSP!"

http://www.jeffkaiser.com/papers/spark_2007.pdf

I`ve just read Kaiser article. This is very interesting. I would like to
understand more on this and relating topics. So I aks;

1. what about the sound when one goes from pedals to software (analog v.s
digital sound)?
-Are the result of this (sound) also related to the instument one plays?
-Will the guitar sound as good going digital

2. How/why is it better or easier to work with knobs on the software
compared to the pedals? Whats really the differents?
-What does it mean?

3. What does this changes means for the audience? Is the movement made by
the player in the digital domain as realistic regarding the relationship
sound-movement that people are used to with acoustic instrument?

4.How come that still many well known musicians still uses hardware?
(Hassel - Molvaer - Bugge - Aarset)

Are there more articles like Kaisers on topics like this?

Best regards Rune F. Norway

Alt i ett. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notisblokk. http://no.mail.yahoo.com