Re: Very OT: Zeitgeist, The Movie... WAS... Semi-OT: Int'l Travellers'Laptops Confiscated...

> I suppose this kind of comment is meant to be funny, right?

I suppose.

> Sort of an elbow in the ribs for all the heads-on-straight skeptics
> to chuckle knowingly over while gazing down upon all the credulous
> ignoramuses...?

There's some of that involved, yes.

> Or is it more of a "Let's all just have a good giggle and admit
> this is silly!" kind of thing, meant to stem a growing discord?

But more of this.

> Whatever the motive, it seems like either the most insulting kind
> of argumentative dishonesty

I don't see how it's dishonest. I believe Elvis is dead, the earth is
round, that no one has been abducted by aliens, and that Jesus and
the Virgin Mary have never appeared in the clouds, or on the sides of
interstate overpasses, let alone in grilled cheese sandwiches. I also
believe that extremist Islamic religious groups who are very, very
angry about US imperialist policies in the area of the world in which
they live flew two airplanes into the WTC--and another one into the
Pentagon. The full "truth" about what (or perhaps how it) happened
may be a bit hazy, but it's not completely opaque. In short, apply
Occam's razor, folks.

> or the most simplistic possible refusal to question any Official
> Story.

Questioning official stories is one thing. Crackpot left wing (or
right wing, for that matter) conspiracy theories are quite another.

> Care to take it back, Jeff? Otherwise, what WAS the point?

No, it's out there, so I can't take it back. Let's just say I fully
support and agree with Harry, and I chose to express that point of
view in a different fashion.

Sorry if it ruffled your feathers too much.

Jeff