Re: Very OT: Zeitgeist, The Movie... WAS... Semi-OT: Int'l Travellers' Laptop...

I watched the whole video, still not buying it. I am suspicious of
people who say gigantic conspiracies can be kept a secret for decades
if not hundreds of years, when a secret like the atomic bomb couldn't
be kept a secret from the Soviets for more than a few years.

Even Hitler said that people are more likely to believe a big lie than a small one.

Especially if the people make a video with all kinds of bent facts,
quick edits, sound bytes that are not identified, etc. I think the
Popular Mechanics article was very well done and can't be just brushed
off as not addressing the issues.

I'm not brushing it off. I can find stuff to refute anything they have posted, and some of their stuff is intentionally bent in certain directions, too.

In case people haven't looked at this page yet...

http://911research.wtc7.net/pentagon/evidence/photos/index.html

This is a joke. The piece of debris shown here was later hand carried out by one man. Where are the engines?

WARNING, there are very graphic images on this page. But pieces of a
jet engine are clearly visible. I don't have a problem with the idea
that a large jet engine crashing into a wall of concrete at 300 mph
would lose its structural integrity. :)

Structural integrity is one thing. 6 tons of titanium disappearing is another...

It links to here:

http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/pentagon/index.html

This whole conspiracy idea to me sounds too much like the idea that
the moon landings were faked, which is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

I couldn't agree more. And if we hadn't landed on the moon, the laser reflectors wouldn't be in place to measure its distance from the Earth...

--
Mark Smart
http://cdbaby.com/cd/marksmart

--
"The Universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent to the concerns of such creatures as we." - Carl Sagan, from "Cosmos"